Action Item for the Regents
The President of the University recommended to The Regents that the Board take the following actions at its September 21, 2004 meeting:
- Certify the Environmental Impact Report for the UC Santa Cruz Marine Science Campus Coastal Long Range Development Plan (CLRDP).
- Adopt the Mitigation Monitoring Program for the Final EIR.
- Adopt the Statement of Overriding Considerations included in the Findings.
- Adopt the Findings pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act.
- Adopt the UC Santa Cruz Marine Science Campus Coastal Long Range Development Plan.
- Authorize the President or designee to modify the CLRDP, if required, in response to comments received from the California Coastal Commission, provided that any substantial changes in principles or policies of the CLRDP would be brought to The Regents for approval.
The modifications required by the California Coastal Commission as a condition of the CLRDP approval were accepted by action under Executive Vice Presidential authority on December 17, 2008.
For more information on the Regents meeting, please go to: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/regents/regmeet/sep21.html.